How to apply:
Fax resume to:
Attention: Benittia Hall
A South Florida man died shortly after winning a bug-eating contest, according to the Broward County Sheriff's Office.
Authorities said Edward Archbold, from West Palm Beach, had won bug-eating contest at Ben Siegel Reptiles in Deerfield Beach, winning a python in the process.
He died after being transported to an area hospital, according to officials.
An attorney representing the store issued a statement that included information stating that all contestants were aware of what they were doing and that they had signed waivers accepting responsibility for their actions.
The store's owner said that contestants had to sign waivers certifying their sobriety at the time of the contest, and that they had no allergies to shellfish, as shellfish and certain insects have similar allergens.
The insects used in the contest were taken from a stock of insects that are raised under safe conditions as secure and clean food for reptiles.
Investigators said that an autopsy will be conducted to determine Archbold's cause of death and that no other contestants showed any signs of illness.